- Modern PHP (7/8) Development
- Software Architecture
- Design Patterns
- Relational Databases
- NoSQL/Graph Data Stores
- Documentation Writing
- API Design & Specification
- Linux System Administration
- Cloud Providers
- Unit & Behavioural Testing
Symfony Framework · Composer · MVC · DDD · OOP · SOLID · CQRS · REST · GraphQL · MySQL/Postgres/SQLite ·
OpenAPI · Doctrine · DBAL · ORM · OAuth · JWT · Elastic · Mongo · Redis · Git · Debian/Ubuntu/Alpine ·
SystemD · SSL · Let's Encrypt · AWS · Google Cloud · Behat · PHPUnit · Blackfire · SymfonyInsight ·
Puppeteer · CI/CD · Jenkins · GitLab · GitHub · Travis CI · Docker · Kubernetes · JIRA · AMQP ·
RabbitMQ · Agile · Infinidash
Symfony Developer, SmarterQueue
(Remote) Canada → Netherlands · 2020—Present
Core Skills: PHP/Symfony · GraphQL · Social Media · Third-party APIs
Principal backend developer for overhauling a legacy product into a modern, GraphQL-backed application.
- Identified the architectural solutions required for the challenges that arise from rebuilding a legacy application to a modern development stack from scratch.
- Improved both speed and memory performance usage of legacy product up to 50 times via application profiling.
- Maintained a 100% test coverage rate for an entire GraphQL API for both functional and unit tests.
Software Developer, Intergalactic Agency
Vancouver, Canada · 2019—2020
Core Skills: PHP/Symfony · OpenAPI · DevOps · Deployment Strategies
Lead PHP developer for in-house and client projects, both new and legacy, including: BC Liquor, Mental Health
Commission Canada, Palo Alto, Eventbase, Sundance Film Festival.
- Increased the resilience of the company assets spread across multiple continents, upgraded internal source control, and added automated upgrades and backups
- Decreased company expenses and increased developer productivity by obsoleting old manual deployment processes, replacing with automated CI/CD and containerized deployment.
- Achieved 100% reliability for high-traffic projects for physical events/conferences using fewer servers, improving Intergalactic's reputation and earning repeat business from clients.
- Minor exposure to Golang and Node.js
Senior Software Developer, CarePlanner Ltd
Bristol, England · 2018—2019
Core Skills: PHP/Symfony · RESTful APIs · SaaS · Data Protection · GDPR
A leading role spearheading a project to build a RESTful API platform from the ground up for a
rapidly-growing SaaS provider in the Home Care sector.
- Reduced organization's risk while storing/handling health and medical data of vulnerable individuals by ensuring strict compliance of ISO 27001 & GDPR within the developer teams.
- Consolidated market share for the organization for building APIs that brought two external companies and a local government authority to collaborate with CarePlanner rather than compete.
- Coached a Drupal 7 development team of 3 on Symfony framework from scratch.
- Minor exposure to Golang
Software Engineer, BaseKit Platform
Bristol, England · 2015—2018
Core Skills: PHP/Symfony · B2B · DevOps · Sysadmin · WHMCS · Behat
Worked on the backend of a global B2B site-building SaaS platform and its supporting projects.
- Kept a multi-million line codebase up to date, or rewrote several legacy parts, to transition the application from PHP 5.x to 7
- Ensured that builds could be reliably deployed with confidence by adding significant behavioural test case coverage on top of the existing unit tests within the CI pipeline.
- Streamlined the company's onboarding process for new developers by documenting features, technical specifications and infrastructure requirements.
Lead Technical Developer, Nosco Systems
Pontypridd, Wales · 2012—2015
Core Skills: PHP · Yii · Raspberry Pi · Fintech · Legal & Regulation · Sysadmin · Mentorship
Developer for a cloud-based digital debt and loan management application, and supporting software/hardware.
- Kept the software ahead of constantly changing legal and regulatory changes within the industry
- Handled deployments of software for both cloud-based servers and in-store shop kiosks, with bottom-line accountability for the company's infrastructure
- Led and mentored teams of developers both in-house and remote (Bulgaria), including travelling to provide training
- Performed software demonstrations at conferences for financial sector audiences
Web Developer, nerv Interactive
Cheltenham, England · 2010—2011
Delivered white-label products for clients such as BAE Systems, NHS, Skype, Gossip Consultancy, and Molson Coors.
Drupal Developer, Tigerfish Interactive
Cheltenham, England · 2010
Developed modular-based automated online social-media marketing platform.